|by Kaeli Conforti||Beaches, Cruises, Islands, Resorts, Train Travel, Walking Tours, Hotels, Local and Public Transportation, Trip Ideas, Family Travel, Girlfriend Getaways, Solo, Women's Travel||0|
Tour packages, hotels, cruises, and train travel are all on sale this summer. Here's what you need to know.
• Several New Orleans hotels are offering special rates this summer: Rooms at the Sheraton New Orleans in the French Quarter start at $105 a night this summer, and you can stay at the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville from $129 a night.
• The Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico has a great package for anyone looking for an affordable summer getaway. Thanks to their Summer is Easy sale, you'll save up to 40 percent on regular rates, pay just $139 a night, and receive perks like one $100 food and beverage credit per stay, $20 in Match Play vouchers and a $10 Slot Play credit for the casino, and 25 percent off activities around the resort like golf tee times, tennis court rentals, spa treatments, non-motorized water sports, and cabana rentals. Kids ages 12 and under eat for free, too. Book your stay for four or more consecutive nights by Sept. 30th for travel thru Dec. 20th and use promo code BPRFBCR to take advantage of the special pricing. No passport is needed for U.S. citizens.
• Save on a weeklong stay at The Sea Pines Resort in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, this summer with this package that gives you six nights' accommodations in a one-bedroom villa, a $100 resort credit to use towards golf, dining, and other activities at the resort, complimentary golf for children ages 12 and under on the Ocean Course (with each paying adult), complimentary admission to a 90-minute dolphin cruise (with each paying adult), a complimentary family portrait session on the beach (valued at $125), admission for two to the Harbour Town Lighthouse, one Eco-Adventure or activity for two at the resort or Coastal Discovery Museum at Historic Honey Horn, and two hours of free tennis per day at the Sea Pines Raquet Club; from $1,015 for a weeklong stay.
• From now thru Dec. 31st, you can save on a stay at the Anantara Bangkok Sathorn, a self-described urban sanctuary located in the heart of the city in Bangkok, Thailand. For just $115 a night (based on double occupancy), you'll get overnight accommodations, daily buffet breakfast at the hotel's swanky Kasara Lounge, light snacks and soft drinks, complimentary WiFi and laundry service, and free access to international newspapers via iPad.
• Marriott Resorts are celebrating their Price Slice in Paradise Sale, with properties in the Caribbean and Latin America offering savings of up to 30 percent. Book by July 31st using promo code 6CL for travel between Aug. 15th and Dec. 19th to take advantage of the special pricing. Our favorites include rooms at the CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort from $111 a night, rooms at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino from $115 a night, rooms at the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino from $149 a night, rooms at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa from $160 a night, and rooms at the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino from $199 a night.
• G Adventures has several specials this summer, including 20 percent off several tours to Egypt (book by Aug. 31st and use promo code G14EGYPT20EBB), and 15 percent off their 15-day Central America Explorer tour (book by July 31st and use promo code G14CGCA15), among others. Check this page to see their current promotions.
• Intrepid Travel is offering a special 15 percent discount on more than 70 of their trips to Asia when you book by July 31st for travel before Sept. 30th. Check the latest deals page often, and don't miss Intrepid Travel's last minute deals page for further discounts of up to 25 percent off last-minute getaways.
• Attention 18-35 year-olds: Contiki is offering several Pay Early discounts this summer on several of its travel packages. You can save up to 10 percent on North American trips by paying in full on or before Aug. 28th (save up to 7.5 percent by paying in full by Oct. 30th); save up to 7.5 percent on Europe trips during fall, winter, and spring by paying in full by July 29th (save 5 percent by paying in full by Sept. 9th); and save up to 10 percent on trips to Latin America by paying in full by Aug. 28th (save 7.5 percent by paying in full by Oct. 30th). Keep an eye on their Last Minute Deals page if you're looking to have an unforgettable adventure for less.
• Norwegian Cruise Line is offering amazing deals on cruises this summer with perks like free onboard credit, complimentary balcony upgrades, and the best part: kids sail for free on bookings now thru Aug. 2nd when you book by July 19th. Don't miss specials like a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise onboard the Norwegian Epic from $399 per person, a 7-day Bahamas and Florida cruise onboard the Norwegian Breakaway from $499 per person, and a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise onboard the Norwegian Getaway from $449 per person. Norwegian's Last Minute Deals page is also worth checking out.
• Now thru Aug. 14th, you can save $75 when you purchase a Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass and baggage service from Rail Europe and use promo code SWISSSAVE75. Prices for a 4-day First Class Consecutive Swiss Pass start from $495 per person and baggage service (choose from Fast Baggage same-day luggage delivery service between 45 Swiss cities or Fly Rail Baggage, which allows you to collect your luggage on the road rather than lug it around with you) starts from $25.
OTHER GREAT SPECIALS
• AirFastTickets.com is having a HUGE sale right now on vacation packages to the Caribbean, Mexico, and Latin America. Click here for options like three nights in Los Cabos from $278 per person and three nights at the Riu Palace Costa Rica from $403 per person.
• Visit the U.S. Virgin Islands this summer for less thanks to the Virgin Islands Nice promotion. Book now thru Aug. 31st for stays thru Sept. 30th and receive your first night free, $200 in instant credit, and $300 in certificates that can be used towards island attractions, restaurants, and shopping. Participating hotels include Coconut Coast Villas on St. John; Arawak Bay: The Inn at Salt River, Cane Bay Cottages, Holger Danske Hotel, Northside Valley, and Villa Margarita in St. Croix; and Bellavista Bed & Breakfast, The Green Iguana, Island View Guest House, The Mafolie Hotel, Villa Marbella, and the Virgin Islands Campground, Water Island, on St. Thomas.
• Celebrate summer in the Cayman Islands with the Summer Only in Cayman sale, with participating resorts offering $100 resort credits, fifth night free specials, and a savings card good for perks like 20 percent off admission to attractions like Cayman Turtle Farm, snorkel tours from Captain Marvin's Watersports, three-hour food adventures with Cayman Food Tours, 10 percent off your bill at The Reef Grill at The Royal Palms, $15 tours from the Cayman Spirits Company, a complimentary mojito with dinner at Ortanique, and $20 discounts on trips by Red Sail Sports to Stingray City and Rum Point. Click the link above to book your stay now thru August 26th for travel by Sept. 1st.
• You can save $200 instantly this summer when you book an air-inclusive vacation to Nassau Paradise Island in the Bahamas for at least four nights. Book your beach getaway by Aug. 11th for travel between Aug. 18th and Dec. 19th. Blackout dates do apply between Nov. 23rd and 30th. Use promo code 200FALL1 when booking travel between Aug. 18th and Nov. 22nd and promo code 200FALL2 when booking travel between Dec. 1st and 19th. Participating hotels inclued Best Western Bay View Suites, British Colonial Hilton Nassau, Comfort Suites Paradise Island, The Cove Atlantis, Graycliff Hotel, Harborside Resort at Atlantis, Melia Nassau Beach Resort, One & Only Ocean Club, Paradise Harbour Club & Marina, Paradise Island Beach Club, The Reef Atlantis, Sandals Royal Bahamian, Sunrise Beach Club & Villas, and Atlantis, Paradise Island. Click the link above for more details.