|by Kaeli Conforti||Alternative Lodging, Beaches, Charming Hotels, Art + Culture, Food + Drink, Historical Travel, Islands, Literary Travel, Nature Appreciation, Pop Culture and Travel, Romance, Scuba Diving and Snorkeling, Walking Tours, Warm Weather, Wildlife Appreciation, Freeport, Willemstad, San Diego, Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Panama City, Panama City Beach, Myrtle Beach, Cruises, Hotels, Trip Ideas, Vacation Rentals, Food + Drink, Girlfriend Getaways, Women's Travel||0|
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring. With more snow on the way this weekend for parts of the northeast, nothing sounds better right now than a quick getaway to somewhere—anywhere!—that is warm. Here, we've rounded up some great vacation deals, hotel specials, and travel sales to help you thaw out this winter.
CARIBBEAN HOTEL DEALS
• Score special spring rates at the Grand Lucayan on Grand Bahama Island when you book this resort package by Apr. 15th for travel dates Mar. 1st thru Jun. 15th. Rates start at just $125 a night, plus kids eat free and you'll get extra perks like 10 percent off spa services, 15 percent off golf fees, and the ability to check out late. Bonus: If you book their spring flight and room package by Mar. 3rd, you'll also receive a $250 air credit.
• Now thru Mar. 31st, you can save on golf packages in Bermuda. One option involves three nights' accommodations at The Fairmont Southampton; three rounds of golf—choose from one round at either Port Royal or Tucker's Point, one round at either Riddell's Bay or Belmont Hills, and one round at either The Fairmont Southampton or Oceanview; complimentary golf cart use; a 50 percent discount off golf club rentals at each course; a $250 resort credit towards resort activities for non-golfers in lieu of the three rounds of golf (there must be at least one golfer for this package); and daily breakfast; from $599 per person including all hotel taxes and fees. Visit the website to view more options for 3-5 night stays. Use promo code PBGA when booking this package. Based on double occupancy.
• Curaçao wants to help you warm up with their massive Say No To Snow campaign that offers deals at 10 diffferent resorts around the island. Options include 35 percent off at The Sea Aquarium Resort; 25 percent off and resort coupons at the Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino; 35 percent off rates at the Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino; 15 percent off rates at the Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino; 20 percent off rates at Hilton Curaçao; rates from $179 a night at the Floris Suite Hotel; rates from $165 a night at Hotel Kura Hulanda Resort and the Lodge Kura Hulanda; fourth night free at the Santa Barbara Curaçao Resort & Casino; stay four nights, pay for three at the Blue Bay Curaçao Golf & Beach Resort; and seven nights for the price of six at the Morena Eco Resort.
U.S. HOTEL DEALS
• You can save big on stays in warm-weather cities around the country thanks to VacationHomeRentals.com. Current deals include a four-bedroom townhouse located just six miles from Walt Disney World in Kissimmee, Fla., from $59 a night, a two-bedroom home with a pool in La Jolla, Calif., from $98 a night, and $405 for a week in a Myrtle Beach.
• Red Roof Inn wants you to stay warm this winter: Rates start at $49.99 a night for stays at the Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel-Market Commons, from $69.99 a night for stays at the Red Roof Inn Palm Coast in Daytona Beach, from $84.99 a night at the Red Roof Inn Panama City in Panama City Beach, Fla., from $94 a night at the Red Roof Inn San Diego-Pacific Beach/SeaWorld Area, and from $99.99 at the Red Roof Inn Ft. Lauderdale.
• Sail out of the polar vortex region and soak up the sun on Norwegian Cruise Lines, now offering last minute specials onboard the Norwegian Breakaway from New York City on a seven-day journey down to Florida and the Bahamas from $469 per person. You'll also find sales on seven-day Western Caribbean cruises from Tampa (from $349 per person), a nine-day Eastern Caribbean cruise from New York City (from $569 per person), inaugural sailings onboard NCL's newest ship, Norwegian Getaway (from $599 for a seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Miami) and if you're feeling adventurous, an 11-day transatlantic adventure from miami to Barcelona (from $499).
• Check out the Hot Rates on Hot Dates section on the MSC Cruises website for sweet Caribbean cruise deals like a seven-night cruise from Miami to St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas from $229 per person for an interior cabin, or special perks like shipboard credits of up to $200 per stateroom for guests who book ocean view rooms, or up to $300 per stateroom for people who book a Balcony, Suite, or Yacht Club level room onboard the MSC Divina. Book by Mar. 15th. Based on double occupancy.
• Contiki, a company that specializes in tours for 18-35-year-olds, is in the middle of their biggest promotion yet, The #NoRegrets Adventure Challenge, an eight week event highlighting eight destinations and featuring YouTube videos by Michael Welch of Twilight fame among other Contiki hosts. Different destinations are highlighted each week in a YouTube video that ends in a trivia question—this week it's Germany, next week it's going to be the Galápagos Islands. Check back every week to watch the video clip and fill out the entry form with the answer to win. Bonus: Contiki is offering steep discounts on certain vacation packages every week that involve the featured destination so keep your eyes peeled for great sales on some of their best trips.
• G Adventures is offering 15 percent off some of their best tours from Southeast Asia, Europe, New Zealand and Australia, South Africa, East Africa, South America, Central America, North America, China, the Himalayas—and 20 percent off some of their trips to India. Visit their website to view the promotional codes for the tours and book your dream trip by Mar. 6th to score the discount.
• Intrepid Travel is having several sales at the moment, including 15 percent off their Basix and Original Galápagos Island tours now thru Mar. 31st and as always, 25 percent off a selection of last minute travel deals. The company recently launched Food Trips, Overland Adventures, Caribbean Sailing trips, and Urban Adventures, shorter one-day guided tours given by locals so you can really get to know a new city—or discover hidden gems on your own home turf.