Budget Travel's Blog

The latest travel news, vacation tips & advice, travel apps, and more

dec 13 2007

It seemed like a good idea at the time?

Here's the bad idea of the day, from AP/Yahoo.com: "A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday. The incident occurred at the Nuremberg [Germany] airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt." The report says he's at a clinic. Here's hoping he'll recover.

Get Inspired with more from BudgetTravel.com


Note:This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.

Video


Loading Comments...

Our newsletter delivers vacation inspiration straight to your inbox.

Check Prices