|by Kaeli Conforti||Romance, California, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Maryland, New York City, Virginia, Wisconsin, Trip Ideas, Family Travel, Girlfriend Getaways, Women's Travel||0|
Looking to take a romantic getaway for Valentine's Day or enjoy a long weekend trip in honor of Presidents' Day? Here are the deals you won't want to miss!
• The Wolfeboro Inn in Wolfeboro, NH, is offering a special Valentine's Day weekend package with rates from $189 a night including a chilled bottle of Moscato and homemade sweets upon arrival, a $60 voucher for dinner for two at Wolfe's Tavern, Sunday brunch for two, and a 1 p.m. late checkout on Sunday, Feb. 15th. Based on availability; valid on Feb. 14th only. Please call 1-800-451-2389 or book this deal online.
• Treat yourself to the ultimate New England romantic escape with the "Chocolate, Oysters & Romance...Oh My!" package at Bristol House Bed & Breakfast in Bristol, RI. The two-night package includes accommodations in a charming B&B—we love this B&B and have written about it before—your choice of 60-minute spa treatment (one per person), a bottle of homemade chocolate liqueur and homemade chocolate truffles from Bristol House Bakery, complimentary chocolate body scrub, gourmet chocolate-themed breakfast each morning, and a platter of one dozen fresh, local oysters with two glasses of Prosecco at the Bristol Oyster Bar. From $599 per couple for a two-night stay. Based on availability; package is only available Friday and Saturday nights. Please call 401-396-9066 or book this deal online.
• The Hampton Inn & Suites in Downtown Providence is offering a Valentine's Day package that includes a one-night stay, two tickets and skate rentals for the Alex & Ani City Center, a bottle of champagne upon arrival, complimentary valet parking, and a $150 gift certificate to Capital Grille Providence. Package from $349 a night.
Finger Lakes Region, New York
• 10 Fitch's "Enchanted Evening" package offers overnight accommodations, cheese fondue, sparkling juice, chocolate covered strawberries, and a special candle light, rose petal, and chocolate turn down service, breakfast in bed, and a promotional board game to take home, from $189 a night.
• Country Inn and Suites' "Show Me You Love Me" package offers overnight accommodations in a King or Queen suite with a separate living room, chocolates, flowers, and a special bottle of Finger Lakes wine, from $199 a night. Valid at the Country Inn & Suites Ithaca. Please call 607-256-1100 to book.
New York City & New Jersey
• Spend Valentine's Day at the Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District and receive a bottle of sparking white wine, a bouquet of flowers, and a box of chocolates. Rates from $159 a night.
• Located just across the Hudson River in New Jersey, the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights-Meadowlands is offering a Valentine's Day package that includes champagne and room service. Please call 201-288-9600 to book.
• Looking for something fun to do on Valentine's Day? Get Up And Ride is offering 15 percent discounts when you use promo code bemyvalentine15 to book one of their fabulous bike tours around Brooklyn. I've been on their Classic Bike Tour of Brooklyn, which normally starts at $89 per person for a five-hour tour that includes special access to the Brooklyn Grange Rooftop Farm in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, insider commentary from your guide as you ride via walkie-talkies and headsets, a cup of artisinal coffee from Brooklyn Roasting Company, and a slice from the best pizza place in Brooklyn, among other perks.
• Save on a stay in historic Colonial Williamsburg this Valentine's Day weekend with this package that gives you nightly accommodations at the Williamsburg Inn, Williamsburg Lodge, Colonial Houses Historic Lodging, or Providence Hall Guesthouses; daily breakfast; tickets for a carriage ride; admission to Revolutionary City and the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg; and special romantic treats like fresh strawberries and cream with Simonet champagne or a fresh rose with sparkling wine and a box of Williamsburg Lodge Artisan Chocolates. From $125 per person per night.
• Celebrate Valentine's Day with standup comedians with this package from Best Western Pioneer Plaza in Carbondale, PA, that includes overnight accommodations and two tickets to Comedy Night starring John McClellan, Chip Ambrogio, and Father Paul. From $175 a night, or from $75 per couple for just the comedy show.
• Don't miss the "Be Mine" package from Myrtle Beach Seaside Resorts, valid Feb. 11-18. You'll get two nights' accommodations at one of their five oceanfront resorts, romantic dinner out, and additional romantic perks like champagne, chocolates, rose petal turn down service, and breakfast in bed.
• The Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach is offering a romantic Valentine's Day package that includes overnight accommodations in an oceanfront room, a complimentary bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, late checkout at 2 p.m., and breakfast for two in The View Restaurant. Please call 800-633-0266 to book directly.
• Chateau on the Lake, located in Branson, MO, is offering a "Romantic Rendezvous" package that gives you overnight accommodations in a beautifully renovated King room complete with gorgeous views of the Ozark Mountains or Table Rock Lake, chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival, a $50 food credit valid at the resort, complimentary valet parking, and access to the resort's indoor pool, hot tub, fitness facilities, and nature trail, from $159 a night. Based on double occupancy; prices may vary.
• Kimpton's Grand Hotel Minneapolis is offering the "Lounging in Love" package. You'll get a $25 dining credit good towards meals at The SIX15 or for room service, complimentary room upgrades (if available), and a special kit filled with massage oil and other romantic perks to help get you in the mood. Rates from $139 a night.
• Royal Sonesta Houston is offering rates from $109 on weekends thru spring break, just in time for Valentine's Day as well as other upcoming weekend events like the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Mar. 3-22 and the Bayou City Art Festival Mar. 27-29.
• Enjoy a romantic getaway at The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel, with rates from $189 a night including complimentary welcome beverages, breakfast and appetizers for two at Vidalia's. Please refer to promo code ZJ9 and the "Wine and Dine in Fort Worth" special when booking this deal.
• Wine lovers should check out the Tastes of The Wine Thief Package at the Omni Park West in Dallas, which includes overnight accommodations, a wine and cheese flight (one of each per person) at the Wine Thief, and 50 percen off a bottle of wine with dinner from a special wine list at Dover's Grille, from $179 a night.
• Fans of The Bachelor will recognize the Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino, where you can indulge in not one, but two Valentine's Day packages: The Romance Package, from $259 a night gives you overnight accommodations, a bottle of sparkling wine, breakfast in bed, complimentary valet service, and discounts at Wo' P'in Spa or The Ridiculously Romantic Package, from $319 a night, which includes accommodations in a terrace suite with a fireplace, dinner at the resort's Red Sage restaurant, a romantic rose petal turndown, and late checkout, as well as complimentary valet services, and discounts at the Wo' P'in Spa. These packages can be booked online or by calling 877-848-6337 or 505-455-5555. Use promo code RP to book The Romance Package and promo code P6 to book The Ridiculously Romantic Package. Rates listed here reflect Valentine's Day weekend pricing—regular rates are from $149 a night and from $249 a night, respectively. Book by 12/31/15 for stays thru 12/31/16.
• Science enthusiasts shouldn't miss Hotel Albuquerque's "I Love Science" package, which features a mixology class at QBar Ultra Lounge, a hands-on experience at Explora!, and the chance to work together on a 4-D puzzle of the human heart. From $189 a night.
• If you're a couple of foodies, don't miss Estes Park Resort's "Share the Love" package, which includes overnight accommodations and the chance to make your own three-course meal during a cooking class and enjoy it for dinner overlooking the lake. As part of the promotion, a portion of your package will be donated to the Food Bank of Larimer County. From $200 a night.
• Nature lovers will want to celebrate Valentine's Day at Estes Park Condos—the "Love of Nature" package includes a one-night stay, snowshoe excursion with gear for two in Rock Mountain National Park, hot chocolate and cookies by the fire, a bottle of wine, and each person will receive Rocky Mountain Conservancy Membership with discounts and special invitations to future events. From $199 a night.
• You can save 30 percent on rates at Welk Resorts San Diego with their "Bed & Broadway" package that includes overnight accommodations in a one-bedroom villa, two tickets to the current production at the legendary Welk Theater, and a buffet for two before the show, from $249 a night. Based on availability; please call 800-932-9355 to book directly.
• Rates at the Sheraton Carlsbad start at $173 a night when you book now. Their Love Your Family package is also available from $214 over Valentine's Day weekend.
• The Plantation Inn in Maui is offering more than 20 percent off with their "Moment in Time" package. You'll get three nights' accommodations in a Deluxe Lanai room, daily breakfast, dinner for two at Gerard's Restaurant on the night of your choice, a bottle of champagne with two glasses to keep, His and Hers Hawaiian robes to keep, and daily car rental, from $852 per couple.
• Not really in the mood for romance this Valentine's Day? Take a vacation anyway! The "Break Up and Break Free" package at Joie de Vivre's Hawaii Hotels gives you four nights' accommodations at either the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki or Coconut Waikiki Hotel, and champagne and VIP treatment at RumFire, a local hotspot. From $516 for a four-night stay, reflecting a savings of 20 percent on regular rates.
• Escape to Puerto Rico with stay at the Doubletree by Hilton San Juan for from $179 a night. You'll also receive fresh bakec chocolate chip cookies and handmade gourmet chocolates upon arrival, complimentary parking, breakfast, and admission to the Puerto Rico Museum of Art as part of their "Sweet Treats" package. Valid thru Mar. 31st.
• Treat yourselves to Isla Verde Beach Resort's "My Puerto Rico Experience" package. You'll receive a 20 percent discount on a car rental, a 20 percent discount on Dragonfly Adventure Tours, and a special $75 resort credit per stay. From $185 a night; package is valid thru Dec. 21, 2015.
• Book your stay at the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino now thru March to score rates from $175 a night this winter.
• The Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa is offering rates from $150 a night for a romantic package that includes a one-night stay, daily breakfast at Las Palmas restaurant, a one-hour sunset cruise, couple's massage, one romantic dinner, and sparkling wine with chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival.
• Don't miss the "Relax A Little Longer" package at the beautiful Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort in Curaçao. You'll save 25 percent on stays of four nights or more and breakfast for two at Medi, the resort's Mediterranean restaurant. From $157 a night. Please call 855-590-2266 or book this deal online.
• Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort in the Dominican Republic is offering a special all-inclusive golf package that gives you daily golf for two and golf car rental at their on-side PGA-rated golf course among other perks, from $160 per person per night with a minimum-night requirement of four nights. Based on double occupancy.
• Nassau Paradise Island in the Bahamas is in the middle of a great seasonal sale that gives you $250 instant savings on air-inclusive packages when you book a stay of at least four nights at participating hotels now thru Feb. 17th for travel thru Apr. 30th. Blackout dates are from Mar. 29th to Apr. 11th.
• Jake's Hotel in Treasure Beach, Jamaica, is offering a "Toast to Love" package that includes two complimentary full body massage treatments and glasses of champagne to celebrate. From $115 a night for two people.
• Rates at the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose start at $199 a night over Valentine's Day weekend if you're looking for an exotic getaway close to eco-friendly attractions like canopy adventures, rainforest adventures, coffee plantation tours, or a closer look at nearby Poas Volcano.
• For a truly off-the-beaten-path European experience, book your Valentine's stay at the Regent Porto Montenegro for from $102 per person per night. You'll get complimentary use of the Regent Spa, a 30-minute massage with 20 percent discounts on additional spa treatments, and a special Valentine's Day dinner including two glasses of champagne.
50 Shades of Grey Packages
• Fans of the popular book series and film should check out the "Grey Shades of Olive 8" package at the Hyatt Olive 8 Seattle, which includes signature cocktails and appetizers for two, complimentary valet parking, house made chocolate truffles upon arrival, and a self-guided walking map of landmarks featured in Fifty Shades of Grey.
• Hotel Monaco Philadelphia is offering a special "Thrifty Shades of Grey" 72-hour sale from 9 a.m. on Feb. 11th thru midnight on Feb. 13th. Book during the sale using promo code BDSM for stays thru Apr. 16th.
Additional Hotel Sales
• Save up to 20 percent at 31 participating Marriott Resorts in California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas with their "More is Less" sale. Book by Mar. 5th for stays thru Mar. 31st and use promo code D3Q. Remember, the longer you stay, the more you'll save!
• Omni Hotels & Resorts are offering their "Retreat to Romance" package at participating properties. You'll get overnight accommodations, a bottle of Chandon sparkling wine, a romantic turndown (complete with mood lighting, music, and robes), late check-out, and a $100 credit to be used at on-site restaurants or for in-room dining. Sample rates include from $180 a night at the Omni Interlocken Hotel in Broomfield, Colorado, and from $169 a night at the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside.
• Red Roof Inn is offering several ways to save: You can save up to 20 percent at select Red Roof Inn properties thanks to their Snowbirds promotion—use promo code 618909 when booking your stay now thru Mar. 31st. Are you a veteran or active duty military member? You and your family can save 15 percent on regular rates with promo code 619091 when you book and stay by Mar. 31st. The Red Roof National Pet Discount gives you 15 percent off rates at participating hotels when you stay now thru Feb. 28th with your four-legged friend (use promo code 605422).
• Just in time for Valentine's Day, Princess Cruises is in the middle of their 50th Anniversary Sale. Book now thru Feb. 26th to save on cruises to Alaska (7 days, from $599), the Mediterranean (12 days, from $1,899), Scandinavia & Russia (11 days, from $1,799), Mexico (7 days, from $549), and the Caribbean (12 days, from $549). Starting prices listed here are per person for interior cabins.
• Blount Small Ship Adventures is offering discounts of up to 40 percent when you book the "Big Apple to the U.S. Capital" or "D.C. to Boston" cruises anytime until their departure dates. You can also save 15 percent on August's Presidents' Cruise, which sales from Saint John, New Brunswick, to Portland, Maine, when you book by Feb. 27th.
• CroisiEurope is offering special 2-For-1 deals on select European cruises when you book by Feb. 14th. Sample cruise offerings include a 5-day cruise of Venice and its Lagoon from $809 per person (valid on Feb. 22, Mar. 2, 6, and 18th departures) a 5-day cruise of France's Bordeaux region from $1,045 per person (valid on the Mar. 30th departure), and an 8-day Istanbul to Athens cruise from $2,155 per person (valid on the Mar. 14th departure).
Discounts On Vacation Packages
• You can save 10 percent on select romantic vacation packages on GreatValueVacations.com when you book by Feb. 28th and use promo code GVVLOVE.
• Book any of Intrepid Travel's tours now thru Feb. 28th and only pay a $1 deposit to get your adventure started.
•You can score a free stateroom upgrade, up to 10 percent off select shore excursions, a 50 percent discount on your deposit, and free or reduced fares for third and fourth guests when you book your Vacations By Rail rail/cruise adventure now thru Mar. 31st. Book by Feb. 20th to receive a free shore excursion on select rail/cruise trips.
• CheapOair is offering amazing deals for Valentine's Day and Presidents' Day weekend: Airfare from Chicago and a three-night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Midtown East in New York City from $510 per person; airfare from Philadelphia and a three-night stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel from $707 per person; airfare from Seattle and a five-night stay at Hanalei Bay Resort in Kauai, Hawaii, from $1,282 per person; airfare from Dallas and a four-night stay at the Hyatt Santa Barbara from $1,452 per person; and airfare from Miami with a three-night stay at the Villas at Snowmass Club in Aspen from $1,891 per person. Based on availability; prices may change.
• Ski enthusiasts should take advantage of Liftopia's Presidents' Day weekend specials, which let you save up to 53 percent on lift tickets when they're purchased ahead of time. Sample sale prices include lift tickets from $28 at Caberfae Peaks, from $58 at Revelstoke, from $59 at Sierra at Tahoe, $64 at Whiteface, from $85 at Sun Valley, from $103 at Tremblant, two-day lift tickets from $139 at Killington, and $174 for five-out-of-seven-day lift tickets at Mt. Hood Meadows, among other offers. Liftopia Gift Cards also make a great gift and are good towards lift tickets, lessons, equipment rentals, and meals at more than 250 resorts around the world with no expiration date.
• You can score 2-for-1 tickets at Big Bear Mountain Resorts this Valentine's Day, a deal that has no restrictions and can be used for day or night skiing. Skiing under the stars, anyone? Please book online or call 909-866-5766. Must be purchased 48 hour in advance.
Specials Via Mobile App
• HotelTonight is offering special "Love More" romantic packages starting today, including little perks like late check-out or bottles of champagne—keep an eye out for offers marked with a red heart in their mobile app at more than 25 destinations around the world. Deals can also be found for HotelTonight's exclusive HighRoller luxury suites thru the "Lust More" package.
• Orbitz is offering special discounts if you download their mobile app—use promo code Download25 and receive $25 off select hotel stays booked thru the app by Mar. 31st. If you've already downloaded the app, use promo code TravelHappy to save 15 percent on select bookings thru Feb. 22nd. Orbitz Rewards members will also receive up to 5 percent back in Orbucks on select hotels.