Thursday, September 3, 2009
We asked a half-dozen insiders to expose little-known facts the airline industry would rather you didn't think about. They shared some pretty eye-opening stuff.
CALLING ALL READERS
Just back from England or Scotland? We're adding brand new pages, and need your help to build them. This week we're looking for photos from London, Dover, the Cotswolds, Edinburgh, and beyond. Plus, keep an eye out for our slide show of the readers' best England and Scotland photos.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
Disney purchased Marvel this week. What makes this story interesting is that on the other side of town from Disney's theme parks in Orlando is a theme park owned by Universal…which happens to feature characters licensed from Marvel. So what fate will befall Universal's Islands of Adventure? More than 30 readers have already sounded off.
join the conversation
CHEAP CHIC EUROPE
Europe has long been the world's art capital. Now it's outdone itself—check out these new museums in Amsterdam, Athens, Brussels, Munich, and Venice.
Start in Glasgow and then travel across the country at your own pace in an included rental car, staying in B&Bs along the way.
why it's a deal
- California Wine Country, 5 Nights, From $695
- Greece, Hotel/Cruise/6 Nights, From $750
- Las Vegas Hotels, From $21 a Night
- Italy, Car/14 Nights, From $1,315
- San Francisco, Air/5 Nights, From $599
THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS
A storm brews on the island of Kauai
, Hawaii, from member Edward Bell
From our (endless!) sunset series
, this week's best are from Mykonos
(member Ruth Engel
); Patagonia Lake, Ariz.
); Key West, Fla.
); and Fiji
Plus, more of our favorites:
- A rainbow on the Big Island, Hawaii, from member bernamary.
- More natural phenomena: A waterspout forms in the vicinity of St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., from member Luci08.
- The London Eye juxtaposed with London rooftops—a cool composition from member kriskelly49.
- A rockhopper penguin chick waves hello, on the Falkland Islands, from member linball.
- A well-stocked butcher shop window in Notting Hill, London, from member bevandlee.
- A beautiful shot of the skyline at night in Cleveland, from member daveantphoto.
- Portraits: street musicians in Havana, Cuba, by member kellysteveadventures.
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018