The Vineyards Aren't the Only Nice Scenery
1. Prince Fernando Borghese, 28, director of business development for an ad agency in Philadelphia; son of Prince Marco Borghese, owner of Castello di Borghese Vineyard & Winery, Cutchogue, N.Y. You might spot him: On frequent visits to the winery, he helps in the cellars and the bottling room. Most romantic gesture: Whisked a girlfriend off to Manhattan and surprised her with a candlelit dinner at the Rainbow Room.
2. Prince Giovanni Borghese, 21, a junior at Suffolk University in Boston; younger brother of Prince Fernando Borghese. You might spot him: On semester breaks from school, in the tasting room or pruning the vines. Ideal date: Anything active, like hiking, ice-skating, or rock climbing.
3. Steve Doerner, 51, winemaker, Cristom Vineyards, Salem, Ore. You might spot him: Topping barrels in the winery. Most romantic gesture: Surprised a girlfriend in California by flying in from Oregon and taking her to dinner on her birthday.
4. Christopher Lorch, 37, winemaker, Sugar Creek Winery & Vineyard, Defiance, Mo. You might spot him: Managing his family's winery and vineyards. Most romantic gesture: A bouquet of flowers for no reason.
5. Michael Cobb, 36, operations manager, Sunstone Winery, Santa Ynez, Calif. You might spot him: In the tasting room or picking grapes on his days off. Most romantic gesture: Surprised a girl with a gondola ride along the Naples Island canals in Long Beach, Calif.
6. Marcelo Freitas, 42, visitors center host, Quintessa, Rutherford, Ca. You might spot him: Giving tours of the winery and vineyards. Ideal date: A ride on his BMW 1150GS motorcycle, toward Santa Cruz or Big Sur, stopping at farmers markets along the way.
7. Drew Hauser, 28, sales and marketing director, Naked Mountain Vineyard & Winery, Markham, Va. You might spot him: In the tasting room or helping with the harvest. Ideal date: A picnic overlooking the Shenandoah Valley.