Got a Great Travel Story?
Tell us now for your chance to win one of two great prizes!
One of the most fulfilling parts of travel is sharing your stories with people when you get back home. And that's what we'd like you to do. Our True Stories section is for your strange encounters, heartwarming tales, and funny anecdotes--the likes of which only seem to happen when you travel. So do you have a good story? Submit yours today!
First, here's what you can win:
- Tahiti Legends: The best response we receive between July 1 and July 31, 2007, wins a six-night trip for two to French Polynesia. The prize includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles International or New York's JFK airports on Air Tahiti Nui, one night in a garden-view room at the InterContinental Resort in Tahiti, five nights in a garden-view room at the Le Maitai Polynesia in Bora Bora, interisland airfare, airport transfers, and breakfasts. The prize has an estimated retail value of $6,300 and is valid from Oct. 1, 2007, to Sept. 30, 2008. Tahiti Legends: 800/200-1213, tahitilegends.com.
- Royal Caribbean International: The best response we get between Aug. 1 and Aug. 31, 2007, wins a seven-night Caribbean cruise for two, including deluxe balcony accommodations on Liberty of the Seas (departing from Miami), three meals per day, unlimited snacks, a spa experience for two, and access to rock-climbing wall, skating rink, fitness center, and surf simulator. Prize does not include applicable taxes and fees, airfare, ground transport, food and beverage in excess of meals provided by ship, Internet use, incidentals (including fitness classes and additional spa treatments with an associated cost), or shore excursions. Estimated retail value is $3,000; valid Nov. 1, 2007, to Oct. 31, 2008. Royal Caribbean: 866/562-7625, royalcaribbean.com.
And a few things to remember before you submit:
- Write it like you were telling it at a party. That is, keep it brief and lively (250 words max). We regret that we won't be able to include everything we receive, and we reserve the right to edit for length and clarity. And once you send it in to us, it becomes our property--intellectual and otherwise. (And that includes the photo.)
- Try to include a phone number for any establishment you mention. If we can't verify the place exists, we won't be able to print your story.
- The majority of submissions we print have photos, so send us the best pictures you've got--but try not to go crazy. Edit them down so we only get the good ones. If you're sending digital pictures, shoot them at 300 dpi at 3" by 5," and send them as a JPEG, TIFF, or EPS file. If you're sending prints or slides, please note that we will not be returning them (so you might consider reproducing your originals).
- We don't mind if you or your companions are in the shots, as long as you tell us who (and what) is in the photo.
- And we need to be able to get in touch with you, if need be, so include your daytime phone number and home address.
- If you or a relative of yours works at Budget Travel, you're ineligible. And speaking of Budget Travel, if you win, you and your travel companion are going to have to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release--sorry, but Budget Travel is the sponsor of this contest and we say that you have to do it if you want the prize.
- Unfortunately, we won't be able to pay you, but the reader who sends in the best submission, as determined by us, will win the trip as described above.
WHERE TO SEND IT:
Mail: True Stories, Budget Travel, 530 Seventh Ave., 2nd floor, New York, NY 10018.
For both prizes: Taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Blackout dates may apply. Prize is subject to availability, nontransferable, and nonnegotiable. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Only one prize will be awarded, and your chances of winning depend on how many entries we receive and whether yours is the best. Open to residents of the 50 United States and its territories, except Arizona.
For cruise: Winner must allow at least 45 days before planned travel dates for processing. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary using all elements of the prize package simultaneously or prize will be forfeited. One person must be at least 21 years old. Winners are not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, but Royal Caribbean International in its sole discretion may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Royal Caribbean International and its respective agencies are not responsible for lost or stolen certificates/redemption letters, and the prize is not redeemable without the original certificates/redemption letters.