OFFICIAL "Dream Trip To South Africa" SWEEPSTAKES RULES
No prize may be exchanged for cash. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Random selection of the winner will occur on or about May 1, 2010 from among all eligible entries received. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone on or about May 1, 2010. In the event that any prize notification or attempted notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or if any attempted notification by phone is not successful within seven (7) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Winner and travel companion must have a valid U.S. passport at time of travel. Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that winner is determined to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Winner and the Winner's travel companion will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a release and affidavit of eligibility (except where prohibited) within fourteen (14) days of notice of winning; failure to timely execute and return such releases and affidavits (except where prohibited) may lead to Winner's forfeiture of the prize, and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation (except where prohibited). By entering this sweepstakes, winner acknowledges that Sponsor has the right to publicize, by any medium, winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless the Sponsor, South African Airways, The Mantis Group, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the sweepstakes or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to rescind, cancel, terminate, or modify this sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if the sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes.
10. List of Winner. For a list of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after May 15, 2010 to Budget Travel, Attn: Dream Trip To South Africa Sweepstakes, 530 Seventh Avenue, Second Floor, NY, NY 10018. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after May 15, 2010 will not be honored.
Get Inspired with more from BudgetTravel.com
Budget Travel Real Deals