Got Stress? Get to Puerto Vallarta
This popular resort town is just what the doctor ordered. The only decision is whether to unwind with a night of partying or an afternoon on an empty beach. Take seven days and call us in the morning.
Later that night, on our final stroll on the Malecón, we sit and gaze out over the water. Fireworks start going off at the other end of the bay. I settle in for the show, happy it's there and happy I'm here. Somewhere a killer foam party is just getting started.
- Yelapa Water Taxi Los Muertos Pier, $11 one way
- Quinta Maria Cortez 888/640-8100, quinta-maria.com, from $105
- Hotel Lagunita, Yelapa, 011-52/322-20-95055, hotel-lagunita.com, from $80
- Casa Frida, Yelapa, casafrida.com, $100
- Casa Amorita 011-52/322-22-24926, casaamorita.com, $160
- El Arrayan Calle Allende 344, 011-52/322-22-27195, chipotle shrimp $19
- La Galería Yelapa, 011-52/322-20-95045, amberjack $12
- Planeta Vegetariano Calle Iturbide 270, 011-52/322-22-23073
- Esquina de los Caprichos Calle Miramar 402, 011-52/322-14-10232, calamari $3.50
- Red Cabbage Cafe Calle Rivera Del Rio 204A, 011-52/322-22-30411
- Rancho Rides Calle Manantial 372, 011-52/322-22-24225, $15 per hour
- Galeria Uno Calle Morelos 561, 011-52/322-22-20908
Correction: The above version of this article has the correct web address for Quinta Maria Cortez (quinta-maria.com). The original print edition contained an error.
Get with more from BudgetTravel.com
Budget Travel Real Deals