How To Enter Online
Send an e-mail from a valid e-mail account to the following address: email@example.com. Be sure to include the following information:
a. Full name
c. Telephone number (we will only call you if you win)
d. E-mail address (we will only e-mail you if you win)
By sending an e-mail, you are indicating that you have read and agree to the sweepstakes rules, listed below.
OFFICIAL "Dream Trip To Turkey" SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. Sweepstakes Description. This sweepstakes is sponsored by Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, 530 Seventh Avenue, Second Floor, New York, NY 10018 ("Sponsor"). The sweepstakes begins on April 1, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ends on June 30, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST June 30, 2009. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these sweepstakes rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase or participation in a sales call or group presentation is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or participation in a sales call or group presentation will not increase your chances of winning. This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc., and Foreign independent Tours, Inc. and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Acceptance of prize is subject to the policies and rules or restrictions of winner's employer.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this sweepstakes. First, individuals who schedule and complete a sales call or in-person group presentation with sales representatives of Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel during the Sweepstakes Period will automatically be entered into the sweepstakes drawing. Individuals will receive one entry for each in-person group presentation scheduled and completed during the Sweepstakes Period. Second, individuals can log on to http://www.budgettravel.com/balloontour and complete the online entry form. All online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2009 in order to qualify. Multiple entries per person are allowed. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the sweepstakes.
4. Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize will be a six (6) night trip to Turkey for the Grand Prize Winner and one guest. Grand Prize Winner's guest must be 21 years of age or older. The Grand Prize includes: round-trip coach-class airfare for two (2) from a major commercial airport near the Grand Prize Winner's home to Istanbul, Turkey; double occupancy accommodations for six (6) nights; ground transportation within Turkey; 13 meals; sightseeing with an English-speaking guide; and balloon tour of Cappadocia. Sponsor shall, in its sole discretion, determine the airport the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest shall travel from, the airline and flight itinerary, and the type of accommodation provided. The Grand Prize Winner must take the trip between August 6, 2009 and March 31, 2010, and must schedule the trip at least four (4) weeks prior to travel. In the event that the Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel between August 6, 2009 and March 31, 2010, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. The Grand Prize Winner must coordinate with Sponsor regarding the date that the Grand Prize Winner wishes to travel. The Grand Prize Winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Once booked by Sponsor, the Grand Prize Winner may not change the dates of travel. Actual travel dates are subject to Sponsor's discretion and conditions outside of Sponsor's control. Travel, including seat selection, and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout periods. Other restrictions may also apply. Sponsor is not responsible for airline or cruise operator cancellations or delays. The Grand Prize may not be combined with any other offer. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is U.S. $4,900. Actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure and fare fluctuation. Any difference between actual retail value and approximate retail value will not be awarded. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly specified herein as part of the Grand Prize (including, but not limited to, personal charges at lodging, tips, insurance, fees, airport transfers, taxes, additional meals, alcohol and other expenses) are not included and are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his or her travel companion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates.
No prize may be exchanged for cash. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Random selection of the winner will occur on or about June 30, 2009 from among all eligible entries received. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone on or about June 30, 2009. In the event that any prize notification or attempted notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or if any attempted notification by phone is not successful within seven (7) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Winner and travel companion must have a valid U.S. passport at time of travel. Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that winner is determined to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Winner and the Winner's travel companion will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a release and affidavit of eligibility (except where prohibited) within fourteen (14) days of notice of winning; failure to timely execute and return such releases and affidavits (except where prohibited) may lead to Winner's forfeiture of the prize, and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation (except where prohibited). By entering this sweepstakes, winner acknowledges that Sponsor has the right to publicize, by any medium, winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless the Sponsor, prize provider, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the sweepstakes or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this sweepstakes if, for any reason, the sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes.
10. List of Winner. For a list of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after September 18, 2006 to Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, Attn: Dream Trip To Turkey Sweepstakes, 530 Seventh Avenue, Second Floor, NY, NY 10018.