1. Sweepstakes Description. This sweepstakes is sponsored by Intellitravel Media, Inc., the publisher of Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, 530 Seventh Avenue, Second Floor, New York, NY 10018 ("Sponsor"). The sweepstakes begins on March 22, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. EST and ends on April 19, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST April 18, 2011. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these sweepstakes rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and its territories, except Arizona, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Intellitravel Media Inc., Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa, Solmar Hotels & Resorts, United Continental Holdings, Inc., Los Cabos Convention and Visitors Bureau, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Acceptance of prize is subject to the policies and rules or restrictions of winner's employer.
3. How to Enter. You must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account which you used to create your my Budget Travel account at the time of entry. To enter a photo in the contest, log in to my Budget Travel and upload your photo. Your first five (5) photo submissions submitted during the Entry Period will be the only submissions that will be considered (i.e. no more than 5 entries total per person). Incomplete entries will not be accepted. All entries become the property of Budget Travel. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Neither the Sponsor, its parents, nor respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, or any telephone network or service providers is responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the sweepstakes.
4. Prize. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected for the best photo, as determined by the BudgetTravel.com editors, that also receives a high rating from the my Budget Travel community.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive the "Los Cabos Vacation" prize package supplied by Solmar Hotels & Resorts and United Continental Holdings, Inc., which includes:
- Roundtrip, coach airfare for two people (2) to Los Cabos International Airport, Baja Sur State, Mexico, on United from their Los Cabos non-stops Houston and Newark
- 7 days/6 nights at the Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to departure or prize will be forfeited. Trip is subject to blackout dates and availability. Travel must be round-trip. United Continental Holdings, Inc. will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The award cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. The prize is valid June 1, 2011 through May 31, 2012 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Subject to availability with prior reservation. Not valid during Christmas, New Year's, President's Week and Easter holiday, or the months of February or March, 2012. Estimated retail value of the prize package is $2,500. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations, distance between departure and destination and dates of travel. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Airport taxes, customs fees and 9/11 security fees are additional and the responsibility of winner.
Prize may be exchanged for cash. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Selection of the winner will occur on or about May 1, 2011 from among all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by e-mail only on or about May 1, 2011. In the event that any prize notification or attempted notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or if any attempted notification by e-mail is not successful within seven (7) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must have a valid U.S. passport at time of travel. Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that winner is determined to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner's travel companion will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a release and affidavit of eligibility (except where prohibited) within fourteen (14) days of notice of winning; failure to timely execute and return such releases and affidavits (except where prohibited) may lead to Grand Prize Winner's forfeiture of the prize, and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Grand Prize Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Grand Prize Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation (except where prohibited). By entering this sweepstakes, winner acknowledges that Sponsor has the right to publicize, by any medium, winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless the Sponsor, Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa, Solmar Hotels & Resorts, United Continental Holdings, Inc., Los Cabos Convention and Visitors Bureau, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the sweepstakes or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These Official Rules are subject to modification at any time for any reason by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to rescind, cancel, terminate, or modify this sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if the sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes.
10. Name of Winner. For a name of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after June 1, 2011 to Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel, Attn: Los Cabos Vacation Contest, 530 Seventh Avenue, Second Floor, NY, NY 10018. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after June 1, 2011 will not be honored.