NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Rebel Inspiration (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including Washington DC), 18 years of age or older. All employees of Sponsor, ePrize®, LLC, all advertising and promotional agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, manufacturers, licensees or agents, advertising and Contest agencies, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Florida and where prohibited.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins September 19, 2005 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends October 5, 2005 at 11:50 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period submit a photograph with a clever and compelling caption. There are two (2) ways to submit entries:
a. Email. You may email your entry during the Promotion Period to CanonContest@budgettravelonline.com.
b.Mail-in. You may mail your entry in an envelope with sufficient postage addressed to "Canon Rebel Photo Contest" c/o Budget Travel, 530 Seventh Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018, U.S.A. Mail in entries must be postmarked no later than Oct. 5, 2005 and received no later than Oct. 8, 2005. Proof of submission or sending is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. All submissions become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and publish any or all of the photographs and/or descriptions submitted, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the contestant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. Submission of an entry in this Contest constitutes entrant's irrevocable assignment, conveyance, and transference to Sponsor of all right, title, and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests, which are void. In addition, by entering, contestants represent and warrant that the entries that they submit:
LIMIT: One (1) Contest entry per person during the Contest Period. Users attempting to register via multiple email addresses and multiple users attempting to register via the same email address will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Include your first and last name, telephone number, mailing address, and email address (if any) with you entry to remain eligible.
4. JUDGING FOR WINNERS: Winner will be chosen based on the following criteria: (50%) Effectiveness of communicating the message "How Budget Travel Inspires You", (25%) Originality and creativity, and (25%) Technical Quality (based upon composition, focus, and exposure). Qualified judges, whose decisions regarding the contest and related matters are final, will choose the contest winner. Winner will be notified by phone or mail on or about Oct. 9, 2005. Winner must comply with all contest rules as published. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-judged by a qualified judge who will serve as the tie breaker and who will evaluate the entries based on the criteria above. If a minor, the Grand Prize Winner's parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, where permitted, before any prize will be awarded. Winner will be required to execute and return the Affidavit and Release within two (2) days of prize notification. Winner agrees to conduct any and all media interviews related to the contest if requested. Failure to comply with this requirement for any reason or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected by the judges from the remaining eligible entries and awarded the prize. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner's name, address (city, state), likeness, and/or prize information for contextual purposes worldwide, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
5. PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT Camera. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $1,000. All taxes on the prize are the winner's responsibility. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize -- any item, cost or expense not specifically listed as part of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Total ARV for all prizes: $1,000.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winner for the Contest, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
Participants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, ePrize, LLC, all promotions and advertising agencies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotions agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest, or their participation in the Contest, or their participation in any Contest or prize related activity, or any travel related to the Contest. Winner also further acknowledges that Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, and promotions and advertising agencies have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or these Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Michigan, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal and State Courts of Oakland County, Michigan.
8. RULES/WINNER'S LIST REQUESTS: To obtain these rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Rebel Inspiration Official Rules/Winners List Request", c/o ePrize, LLC, P.O. Box 8070, Royal Oak, MI 48060-8070, U.S.A. November 20, 2005.
9. SPONSOR: Budget Travel Magazine, 530, Seventh Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018.
ADMINISTRATOR: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A.. VT residents may exclude return postage for rules requests.
© 2005 ePrize, LLC. All Rights Reserved.