1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. TO ENTER: Enter by visiting the Budget Travel/Dream Trips Contest Web page and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the "Submit" button. The entry period will begin at 12:01 A.M. (E.S.T.) on February 20, 2007, and will close at 11:59 P.M. (E.S.T.) on March 26, 2007. Internet entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. (E.S.T.) on March 26, 2007.
2. Eligible entrants must enter via the online methods described. You may enter as many times as you like during the entry period. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries permitted. Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. ("Budget Travel") will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor, or for any human error lost/delayed data transmission or any other error or malfunction. In the event of a dispute, all e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. All entries become the property of Budget Travel. You agree that you will not upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an e-mail account shall be determined by Budget Travel in its sole discretion, and Budget Travel reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open only to legal residents of the United States, (excluding residents of Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest not open to employees of Budget Travel or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees. This contest shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the state of New York (excluding the choice of law provisions thereof), subject to applicable provisions of U.S. laws, and may be enforced only in the state or federal courts in New York County in the state of New York. Winner agrees that Budget Travel, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their agencies and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion or from any acceptance or use of any prize awarded.
4. PRIZES: One grand prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the entry period, such drawing to be held on or about March 27, 2007. Only entrants who have correctly solved the contest puzzle(s) will be eligible for the drawing. The winner will receive an Olympus Stylus 750 with an approximate retail value of $380. A total of one (1) such grand prize to be awarded. Prize is nontransferable and non-endorsable, and no cash or other substitutions will be offered except at the sole discretion of BUDGET TRAVEL. BUDGET TRAVEL has the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize. The prize is nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prize and individual components of prize package are subject to availability and Budget Travel reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prize. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned within 14 days from the date the affidavit is provided by Budget Travel. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within 14 days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or the prize notification letter, may, at the sole discretion of Budget Travel, result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate eligible winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For the name of the winner, after April 12, 2007, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Contest @ WPNI, P.O. Box 17370, Arlington, VA, 22216-7370, and include the text: BUDGET TRAVEL CONTEST. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after March 26, 2007, will not be honored.
6. SPONSOR: The "Budget Travel/Dream Trips Contest" is sponsored by Budget Travel, whose decisions regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Budget Travel will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Budget Travel/Dream Trips Contest, attn: BudgetTravelOnline.com, Budget Travel Magazine, 530 Seventh Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018.