As of June 1, pack that passport!

Bt Thumbnail DefaultBt Thumbnail Default

Starting Monday June 1, you need a passport or other qualifying document to enter or re-enter the U.S. from Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Bermuda, and other foreign countries.

Bring a passport, passport card, enhanced tribal card, US military ID with travel orders, or one of the high-tech, pricey "Trusted Traveler" cards.

It won't be good enough to have a traditional driver's license anymore.

Kids under the age of 16, though, can still cross our border with a certified copy of their birth certificate or similar official proof of citizenship.

For more rules and details, visit the government's new website


The lowdown on passport cards

Related Content