Welcome to shoulder season! Here are some of our favorite hotel sales happening this month.
• FLASH SALE: You can save up to 50 percent on rates at the Grand Lucayan on Grand Bahama Island when you book a stay of three or more nights this Labor Day Weekend for travel Sept. 1 thru Dec. 20th. Not only will rates start at $89 a night, but you'll also score a $250 resort credit per stay to use towards perks like spa treatments, dining, and resort-style golf. Click here for more info and to book your trip by Sept. 1st.
• IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts are extending their current special that allows kids to stay and eat free at their properties throughout Mexico and the Caribbean including Playa Mita, Cozumel, Paraíso Beach, and Paraíso Del Mar, among others. Book your all-inclusive stay now thru Oct. 31st for travel thru Dec. 23rd; blackout dates apply Nov. 22-29, 2014, during which regular children's rates will apply.
• If you're planning a trip to Hawaii this September, you can save on a stay at The Equus in Waikiki, offering rates from $149 a night from Sept. 6th thru 27th just in time for the Aloha Festival events happening all around Waikiki. Just call 808/949-0061 and mention Aloha Festival when you book.
• Worth the splurge: Now thru Nov. 27th, you can stay in a newly renovated luxurious ocean-view room at the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu's gorgeous North Shore for from $209 a night. Regular rates usually start around $269 a night, so don't miss the opportunity to stay at this magnificent hidden gem of a property.
• Interested in visiting Orlando, Florida, to see the latest Harry Potter attractions at Universal Studios? Sticking around for the 2014 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival starting Sept. 19th? Planning your trip around Orlando's Magical Dining Month? Consider staying at the Wyndham Orlando International Drive, where you can save 25 percent on select stays from Sept. 1st thru Nov. 1st, with rates starting at just $69 a night. Use promo code DIS15 when booking this deal online. Or, book your stay at the Orlando World Center Marriott by Sept. 28th for travel thru Oct. 21st and enjoy room rates from $179 a night, plus a $50 resort credit per night when you use promo code ZX0 and refer to the Endless Summer deal.
• Several hotels in Miami are running specials during the month of September: You can save 30 percent on rooms at The Freehand Miami with rates starting at $103 a night when you book by Sept. 30th. The Redbury Hotel is offering rooms from $260 a night, but has a Stay 2, Get 1 Free special now thru Sept. 30th, which breaks down to from $173 a night. Call 855/220-1776 or book online and mention promo code 3FREE. (Minimum three night stay required). The Impala Hotel has a similar 3rd Night Free package with rates starting at $131 a night. The SoBeYou Bed and Breakfast is also having a sale, with rooms starting at $116 a night including complimentary full breakfast and mimosas. Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami has rates starting at $152 a night now thru Sept. 30th, including full American breakfast for two and complimentary valet parking.
• Rates at The Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg start at $189 a night now thru Oct. 31st when you book by Sept. 28th and use promo code ZXO.
• Save on a stay at The Village at Breckenridgeand Mountain Thunder Lodge by visiting after Labor Day weekend when rooms are about 30 percent lower. Come to see the fall colors in this beautiful part of Colorado and stay close to all the action on Main Street with rates starting at $120 a night for a four-night stay.
• Visit Keystone this fall for post-Labor Day rates as low as $128 a night when you stay three nights (including taxes and resort fees). You'll also get access to complimentary golf, yoga classes, a free hour of tennis court rental per person, and vouchers for free draft beer or house wine per person.
VARIOUS CITIES AROUND THE U.S.
• Don't miss the Endless Summer sale at several Marriott Resorts around the country. Book your stay by Sept. 28th for travel thru Oct. 31st and use promo code ZXO to score rooms starting at $139 a night—you'll also get a $50 or $100 nightly resort credit depending on where you stay. Participating hotels include Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa; Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa; Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center; Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa; Hutchinson Island Marriott Resort & Marina; JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes; Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort; Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa; Orlando World Center Marriott Resort, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa; Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa; Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa; The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club; Turnberry Island Miami; Coronado Island Marriott Resort; Gaylorg National Resort & Convention Center; Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center; Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center; Kauai Marriott Resort; Lodge at Sonoma, A Renaissance Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE; JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa; JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa; Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort & Spa; Vail Marriott Mountain Resort; Waikiki Beach Marriott & Spa; and Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
• Dog lovers, rejoice! The Blue Palms Resort, located close to Mariner's Pier and Raging Waters Water Park in Wildwood, New Jersey, is offering pet-friendly accommodations from Sept. 5-9 with the Wildwood Unleashed package, with rates starting at $81 a night. A perfect way to wrap up the summer at Morey's Piers & Waterfront Water Parks with the entire family. A two-night minimum stay is required. Please call 609/522-0606 to book your stay. Guests staying at other Morey Hotels & Resorts properties like the Pan American Hotel, Port Royal Hotel, Starlux Boutique Hotel, and Blue Palms Resort can save up to 70 percent on water park and ride passes thanks to the Play & Stay package now thru Sept. 14th.
• Visiting San Diego in September? Rates at the Lakehouse Hotel & Resort start at $129 on weekdays and $169 on weekends now thru Sept. 30th. Kids also eat free in the Grill, one child per adult, and receive a special milk and cookie welcome.
• Visitors to the Mission Point Resort in Mackinac Island, Michigan, can enjoy rates starting at $145 a night during one of the most beautiful times of the year to see Lake Huron.
• Rates at the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Grand Geneva, Wisconsin, start at $199 a night now thru Sept. 29th. Guests also score a $50 resort credit to use at the property, located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee.
• Worth the Splurge: You can save 25 percent on rates at the Waldorf Astoria Park City in Park City, Utah, when you book your stay now thru Sept. 15th, with rooms starting at $229 a night.
• St. Louis Cardinals fans, rejoice! The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch has a special package just for you. For from $249 a night, you'll get accommodations, two tickets to a Cardinals home game at Busch Stadium, a voucher for a Louisville Slugger bat, and a $25 food and beverage credit per day at Brewhouse or Red Kitchen & Bar. (The package starts at $339 for four tickets). Click here for more info and to book this package.
• Travelers ages 59 and up can save up to 15 percent on rates at Red Roof Inn properties around the country this fall with the Red Roof September Senior Discount. Refer to promo code 607564 when booking in September to receive this special discount. Red Roof Inn also gives seniors a 10 percent discount on stays year-round.