Tour packages, hotels, cruises, and train travel are all on sale this holiday season. Here's what you need to know.
• Be on the lookout now thru Dec. 24 for the 12 Days of G sale by G Adventures. Check their website, Facebook page, or Twitter feed daily for new discounts on tours from all over the world and while you're there, enter to wiin a free trip for two to the Galápagos Islands. So far, they've offered 15 percent discounts on select tours to China, North America, East Africa, Patagonia, Australia, New Zealand, as well as 15 percent off several of their sailing and local living packages. Participating packages must be booked by Dec. 31, 2013 for travel by Sept. 30, 2014.
• Contiki, a company that specializes in tours for 18-35-year-olds, is offering 15 percent off 15 of their European trips when you book now thru Dec. 31, 2013, and use promo code EUROPE15. Tours on sale include the following: European Discovery, European Highlights, European Horizon, Simply Italy, Italian Espresso, European Magic, Spanish Spree, European Whirl, Amsterdam to Barcelona, European Escapade, Eastern Road, European Experience, Mediterranean Highlights, Great Britain & Ireland, and European Inspiration, and range anywhere from 8-21 days. Be sure to check out their 31 Days of Contiki page daily for inspiring travel quotes, travel tips, and giveaways.
TRAIN TRAVEL IN EUROPE
• Rail Europe is offering two big year end specials to help travelers get around Europe this month. You can save 35 percent off all TGV train tickets when traveling with France and to and from Milan and Luxembourg—prices usually start around $66 before the discount is taken, so be sure to use promo code TGV35 when booking your tickets now thru Dec. 31, 2013. The Swiss Pass Free Day deal gives you five days of travel around Switzerland for the price of four with the purchase of a First Class 4-Day Swiss Pass. You'll get five consecutive days of unlimited travel on scenic routes like the Glacier Express, Wilhelm Tell Express, and Golden Pass Line, and have access to public transportation in 75 Swiss cities, complimentary admission to more than 470 museums, and save 50 percent off most mountain railways. Swiss Pass Free Day deal must be booked by Dec. 20, 2013 for travel thru Dec. 31, 2013. Passes start at $482.
• Cruisevoyant is celebrating the holidays with its 12 Days of Cruisemas sale and will be releasing a new cruise deal every day now thru Dec. 25—check the website daily for specials like a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale for from $594 per person or a 15-day cruise to Hawaii and Mexico from San Francisco for from $1,099 per person. Specials may vary; based on availability. Check the website for more details about travel dates.
• You can save up to $2,000 per stateroom and earn up to $100 worth of onboard spending with the Season of Savings sale by Princess Cruises, happening now thru Friday, Dec. 20. You'll save on more than 125 cruises to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Tahiti, and the Panama Canal—offers include a 4-day Western Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale from $249 per person and a 3-day cruise from L.A. to Ensenada, Mexico, for from $169 per person. Use promo code RXZ when booking this deal. Sale ends at 11:59 PST on Dec. 20, 2013.
• Book your Resort Holiday Getaway at one of several participating Marriott properties now thru Dec. 26 for travel thru Jan. 31, 2014, and you'll receive a $50 resort credit per night (up to $200 resort credit). Rooms at the following hotels start at $149 a night: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, JW Marriott Orlando Grand Lakes, Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club, and Spa (pictured above), Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa, Orlando World Center Marriott, Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa, Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, and the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pampano Beach Resort & Spa. Visit marriott.com/resortholidaygetaway.com and enter promo code P91 when booking. Based on availability; room rate does not include taxes and fees.
• You can save 15 percent off the best available rate at Aston Hotels & Resorts this holiday season thanks to the 12 Days of Aston sale happening now thru Dec. 23 at twelve of their properties. Sale prices include rooms in Hawaii at the Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel from $89 a night, Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel from $123 a night, Aston at the Waikiki Banyan from $127 a night, Hotel Renew by Aston and the Aston Waikiki Sunset from $135 a night, and rooms at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower from $382 a night; on Maui, rooms at the Aston Ka'anapali Shores are offered from $184 a night, while the Aston at The Whaler on Ka'anapali Beach has rooms from $221 a night; on Kauai, you can stay at the Aston Waimea Plantation Cottage for from $210 a night; on the Big Island of Hawaii, rooms at the Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas start at $178 a night; in Lake Tahoe, California, rooms at the Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort start at $93 a night; and in Lake Las Vegas, Nevada, the Aston MonteLago Village Resort has rooms from $85 a night. Book by Dec. 23, 2013 for travel by Mar. 31, 2014. Based on availability; prices quoted do not include taxes and fees. Call 866/774-2924 or visit astonhotels.com to book your stay.
• Best Western is offering 20 percent off hotel prices when you book the internet-only rate on stays now thru Feb. 2, 2014. For an even better deal, register for the Best Western Rewards program to earn 1,000 bonus rewards points on stays prior to Feb. 2, 2013—elite level members will earn 500 more bonus points per stay, for a total of 1,500 points. For bookings now thru Jan. 5, 2014, Best Western will donate an additional 500 points for every elite stay to the Best Western For A Better World Charities.
• Red Roof Innproperties around the country are offering 20 percent off the best available rate when you book your stay 10 days in advance. Please note that the Nicest Price deal is largely nonrefundable (a full advanced payment is required at the time of booking and no refunds or credits will be given for cancellations, no-shows, or changes with your reservation), but you can score some great deals by planning ahead of time. Choose the Nicest Price option when booking this deal online, or call 800/733-7663 to book your stay by phone.