Fire sales! How cheap can travel go?
Long-distance getaways are better bargains now than they have been for decades. It'll soon be cheaper to turn off the heat and lights at home and fly somewhere else. Consider the astonishing deals we found today…
• Barcelona, from New York City, $206 roundtrip, including taxes and fees (Iberia)
• Honolulu, from L.A., $339 roundtrip, including taxes and fees (
• Aruba, from $268 roundtrip—plus taxes and fees (
• Las Vegas, from Denver (between now and late May), $118 roundtrip, plus about $20 in taxes (Southwest)
• Chicago at a high-end luxury hotel on the Magnificent Mile during the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, $86 per night (Hotwire, blind booking)
• A long weekend in glamorous (and ordinarily expensive) Santa Barbara, Calif. (with streets bursting with springtime blooms), staying at the well-reviewed Montecito Inn that's only a couple blocks from the beach, from $99 a night (Travelocity, via CheapTickets)
• 7-night air plus all-inclusive package to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, for $1,400 per couple. Includes resort/meals/flights/transfers. Stay at the beachside 62-acre Grand Paradise Bavaro Beach Resort Casino & Spa, in late April. Plane tickets are priced out of Cleveland and don't cover roughly $100 per person in taxes and fees (Apple Vacations)
Can you do us one better? We know you're savvy about deals. Show-off a little! Post the best deals in the comments.
Our recent article, 25 Unbelievable Vacation Deals