1. Contest Description. This contest is sponsored by Budget Travel LLC, the publisher ofBudget Traveland BudgetTravel.com, 401 Park Avenue South, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016 ("Sponsor"). The contest begins on JUNE 11, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. ET and ends on July 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Video entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET May 31th, 2015. Contest is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these contest rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and its territories, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Budget Travel LLC, Go RVing, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to participate in this contest. Acceptance of prize is subject to the policies and rules or restrictions of winner's employer.
3. How to Enter. One video entry per person. Individuals must go to www.budgettravel.com/contest and submit a video of 2 minutes or less by May 31stat 11:59 p.m. ET. Video should tell us your idea of a great American RV road trip adventure and why you and your family deserve one. Entrants must additionally provide their first and last name and e-mail address and all other applicable fields. Criteria for judging will be based on the following: 50% relevance to stated complete submission topic, 25% originality, 25% creativity.
All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
4. Prize. One winner will receive the following:
- The use of an RV rental for 7 nights, including taxes and fees
- $750 to use towards gas, campsite permits and fees associated with your trip itinerary
- GoPro camera to record your adventure
- Opportunity for you and your family to be featured on Budget Travel via video, blog posts and social media
Trip is subject to blackout dates and availability. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation. The award cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The prize is valid starting July 1st, 2015 and must be completed by July 1st, 2016 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Estimated retail value of the prize package is $3,600. Actual value may vary based on dates of travel. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Budget Travel Editors and Go RVing, in their sole discretion, based on the judging criteria, will select and post the top 5 video finalists to the Budget Travel site on or about June 11th, 2015, from among all eligible entries received. The Budget Travel audience will then be invited to vote on their favorite video; the video that receives the most votes by July 2ndwill win. Winner will be notified by e-mail on or about July 3, 2015. In the event that any prize notification or attempted notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or if any attempted notification by e-mail is not successful within seven (7) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
A note about voting: In order to prevent robo-voting and make the outcome as fair as possible, our system allows one vote per 24 hours per IP address. Please note that buildings such as libraries, homes and offices may have only IP address for the whole network. While this is not a perfect system, experience has taught us that it will result in the fairest possible outcome. If you have additional problems with voting, you may contact us via our feedback form.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Valid mailing address and proof of valid drivers license is required to claim a prize. Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the contest. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that winner is determined to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the contest, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation (except where prohibited). By entering this contest, winner acknowledges that Sponsor has the right to publicize, by any medium, winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this contest, each entrant forever discharges, releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless the Sponsor, Go RVing and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the contest or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to rescind, cancel, terminate, or modify this contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if the contest is not capable of completion as planned due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the contest.
10. Name of Winner. For the name of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after July 2, 2015 to Budget Travel, Attn: Go RVing contest 2015, 401 Park Avenue, 10th Floor South, New York, NY 10016. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after July 2, 2015 will not be honored.