Hiking in Denali National ParkIntrepidUpdated Jun 24, 2022
Why we like this deal:
Fall in love with the untamed beauty of Alaska on a 6-day walking tour that loops you inland from coastal Anchorage to the spectacular Denali National Park, where the tallest mountain on the continent reaches high into the sky. Hike tundra trails that weave through wildflowers and maybe even spot some wildlife living among the landscape. Walk across a massive glacier of ancient ice and choose your own hiking adventure with a self-guided day at the Eielson Visitor Center. By the end of your tour you’ll understand why, in the indigenous Aleut language, Alaska means “The Great Land.”
From ice cleats to mountain peaks in the Alaskan wilderness
- Experience the rugged beauty of Denali National Park, home to the tallest peak in North America and starring some of the most scenic photo ops you’ll find anywhere.
- Walk atop the ice of the largest car-accessible glacier in Alaska, the Matanuska, on an educational tour led by a local glacier expert and with all technical gear provided.
- Tackle an out-and-back scenic hike into the Alaskan wilderness along the Curry Ridge Trail and keep your eyes peeled for a diverse array of wildlife living among the tundra.
- Spend a day exploring the wilds of Alaska at your own pace, with a self-guided hike along a well-marked and well-monitored trail from the Eielson Visitor Center.
- Enjoy a free night in Anchorage, where you can discover cultural sites like the Alaska Native Heritage Center, dine on some of the best pizza in the USA (really!) or take a sunset stroll along the city’s coastal trail.
Budget Travel readers get 15% OFF
Use Intrepid coupon code: 691016
Read Terms and Conditions