Current Budget Travel RSS topics
What is RSS?
RSS (or Really Simple Syndication) feeds are free content feeds from Web sites, including BudgetTravel.com, that contain article headlines, summaries and links back to full-text articles on the web. Subscribe to a site's RSS feeds, and you get updates--on sports, politics, travel deals, whatever--delivered to your desktop or Web browser.
For more information, read this Washington Post article.
Click on the links below to view RSS news
feeds by topic:
- Real Deals
- Destinations: U.S. & Canada
- Destinations: Europe
- Destinations: Caribbean
- Destinations: Latin America
- Destinations: Asia
- Destinations: Australia & South Pacific
- Destinations: Africa & Middle East
- How-to Handbook: Hotels & Lodging
- How-to Handbook: Airfares
- How-to Handbook: Cruises
- How-to Handbook: Car Rentals
- How-to Handbook: Dining
- This Just In
- Trip Ideas: Family
- Trip Ideas: Road Trips
- Trip Ideas: Adventure Travel
- Trip Ideas: Long Weekends
- Trip Ideas: Girlfriend Getaways
- Trip Ideas: National Parks
- Trip Ideas: Wine
- Trip Ideas: Solo Travel
- Tips & Experts: Reader Tips
- Tips & Experts: Trip Coach
Frequently Asked Questions
- What tools do I need to use RSS?
- What are the benefits of using RSS?
- How do I sign up for BudgetTravel.com RSS feeds?
To start using RSS, you need a special news reader or aggregator that displays RSS content feeds from Web sites you select. There are many different news readers available, many of which are free of charge. Most are available as desktop software that you download and install on your computer. Several Web-based news readers are available as well.
Once you have set up your news reader, you simply subscribe to the RSS content feeds you want.
RSS is an easy way for you to be alerted when content that interests you appears on your favorite Web sites. Instead of visiting a particular Web site to browse for new articles and features, RSS automatically tells you when something new is posted online. Click on the section title link to obtain the RSS URL, which you will see in the "Address" field of of your browser. Simply copy this URL and follow the instructions for your particular news reader to subscribe.
To sign up for RSS feeds from BudgetTravel.com, simply select the section that interests you from the list at the top of this page. Click on the orange XML button or section title and follow the instructions for your particular news reader to subscribe to RSS feeds