• At the departure gates, free pies and fruit juices (blueberry, orange, or pineapple) are offered at a counter. And they were delicious!
• The lounge is full of wicker chairs and couches with plush upholstery.
• A children's playground lets kids unwind, but at a quiet remove from the other waiting passengers.
• The airport takes advantage of the tropical weather by having an open-air design. Fresh-cut flowers decorate all sections.
• Airy, modern, and superclean bathrooms.
• An airline representative circulates through the departure lounge, pre-clearing passengers for departure and thus circumventing the need for lengthy waiting boarding lines.
• Free Wi-Fi.
• The TVs are silent, with closed-captioning. And they're tuned to sports news, not financial or political news.
To quote another passenger I overheard, "This airport is so pretty, I'd spend the night here."