Coastal MaineIntrepidUpdated Jun 24, 2022
Why we like this deal:
With hundreds of miles of coastline begging to be explored, it’s like Maine was made for curious travellers. From flourishing cities to peaceful seaside towns and dramatic beaches, this six-day local-lead adventure takes it all in. And how could we forget about lobsters, blueberry cake and local wine? Take a tour of lively Portland, head offshore in search of whales in Boothbay, tuck into a traditional New England clambake on Cabbage Island and explore the rugged landscapes of Acadia National Park. Fresh air, fabulous food and unforgettable scenery will have you falling in love with Maine.
A scenic journey along Maine’s boundless coastline
- Kicking things off in lively Portland, let your local leader show you the city’s history and culture on a walking tour that takes in all the best bits.
- Aside from welcoming locals, whales, dolphins, seals and puffins all call coastal Maine home – head out to meet them on a memorable boat trip in Boothbay.
- It wouldn’t be a trip to New England without a clambake! Tuck into this traditional feast on Cabbage Island, trying lobster, fish chowder, blueberry cake and more.
- But it’s not only the food that’s fabulous here – head to the town of Lincolnville to visit a local vineyard and sample their wine in a 200-year-old barn.
- Swap peaceful coastline for rugged landscapes in Acadia National Park where you’ll drive and walk to discover mind-blowing natural sights.
Budget Travel readers get 15% OFF
Use Intrepid coupon code: 691016
Read Terms and Conditions