Here's the bad idea of the day, from AP/Yahoo.com: "A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday. The incident occurred at the Nuremberg [Germany] airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt." The report says he's at a clinic. Here's hoping he'll recover.
- 11 PhotosGet Inspired
Eclipse-chasing: Where to watch the August 21 spectacle across the country
- Travel Tips
An Easy Packing Secret (You'll Never Forget Essential Stuff Again)
- 27 PhotosCulture
See the Incredible Detroit Renaissance!
- 11 PhotosDestinations
Best Budget Destinations in America, Part III: The South